Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Your Favorite Nothing...


I took a few days off in early April. Please believe me when I say I did nothing over those days. 
Nothing. Zilch. Nada. The big goose egg.
"NO thing"
I happened to be fortunate enough to have been somewhere where I could stare at a beautiful body of water. That always revives me.
That simple act of nothing (staring at water) is life giving and restorative for me.
I've never tried filling a glass with water and gazing at that. But, perhaps I should!! 
However, for some reason I think it would prove, shall I say, empty - or at least half empty.
Get it... glass of water, half empty... ;o)
Anyhooooooo, with the approach of summer, my mind is beginning to consider vacation time and much more of nothing.   
That's made me wonder what everyone else's favorite "nothing" is.
Care to share?
I care to know.

Lisa

4 comments:

  1. Lisa, it's nice to get away and just do nothing. I enjoy the water but am not a beach baby, so to speak. I'd rather walk a beach a wharf, a historic downtown or neighbourhood. And take pictures. I'm glad you had a nice rest. Blessings, Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pamela, I have a good friend who enjoys doing exactly what you enjoy doing... taking picture of whatever the day holds. I hope you get to do that, this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie WeatherbyWednesday, May 16, 2012

    My favorite nothing is definitely a day at the beach, soaking up the sun, with a good book (and maybe a bag of jellybeans...)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds good Bonnie - all of it ;o)

    ReplyDelete

It makes our day to hear from all of our Take Six friends. We read each and every comment, and love it when you visit us!! If you ask us a question we will answer it as a 'reply' in the comment section, so be sure and check back! XO

Pin It button on image hover