Monday, January 2, 2012

I’m learning...


God has been asking me to exercise my “faith” muscle.

We are never too old to learn, you know that, as well as I do.
However, something else I’m sure we both know is that learning at a more mature age isn’t necessarily synonymous with easy learning. Shoot! ;o)

Here are some verses that have run across my path lately:

Matthew 9:29
He touched their eyes, saying, “Be it done according to your faith”.

Mark 11:22-24
And Jesus answered saying to them, “Have faith in God. Truly I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and cast into the sea’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says is going to happen, it shall be granted him. Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they shall be granted you.”

2 Corin 5:7
For we walk by faith, not by sight-   

John 11:40
Jesus said to her, “Did I not say to you, if you believe, you will see the glory of God?”

And, I just came across this on my desk:
Faith is believing in something and knowing in your heart that it is true, even when your mind can’t find the answer.

And, I just heard this in a meeting:
Faith gives substance to things hoped for. Faith converts cloudy castles into substantial homes.

I just read this, last evening, in a devotional book I’ve been working through (Jesus Calling, pg 372.)
“Miracles are not always visible to the naked eye, but those who live by faith can see them clearly. Living by faith, rather than sight, enables you to see My glory.”  

I couldn’t help but wonder what miracles I’ve missed seeing.
Do you think you’ve missed any?

I’ve asked God to increase my faith.
I’m excited about what miracles he will bring in 2012.  
But even more than that – I’m excited about having faith enough to see them!

Happy New Year, everyone.

Lisa

Joining:

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, Lisa! Looking forward to hearing about the miracles in 2012.

    Blessings,
    Angie @ Knick of Time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eyes wide open...I'm with you, Sistah! Don't want to miss a thing! oo

    ReplyDelete
  3. A nice reminder for many of us. Thank you for sharing your inspirational post on BeColorful.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

It makes our day to hear from all of our Take Six friends. We read each and every comment, and love it when you visit us!! If you ask us a question we will answer it as a 'reply' in the comment section, so be sure and check back! XO

Pin It button on image hover